Tis the season for testing your willpower and avoiding all temptations of holiday desserts. . .that is until you see a recipe you have to try! Something that calls for chocolate and peanuts prepared in a crock pot sounded right up my alley and I’m already regretting making these amazing chocolate peanut clusters!
Earlier this week I went to Publix to get all the ingredients and spent a good 10 minutes trying to find the German chocolate and almond bark. Literally staring in the candy aisle checking out every creamy, chocolatey, amazing piece of sweet goodness the grocery store had to offer. I’m not a sweets lover and had no idea of there were so many options, everything BUT German chocolate and almond bark. 🙄
So I ran to Walmart during lunch and I have to admit that I automatically go in to the store with a negative attitude because the one closest to my office is probably the dirtiest one in town. This time I actually had a good experience, people were extremely friendly and I felt extremely guilty for all the negative thoughts I was having.
Anyway . . .on to the actual recipe which was so easy (I even made after a few margaritas on Taco Tuesday 😝)
- 16 ounces of dry roasted peanuts
- 4 ounces of German chocolate
- 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces of almond bark
- Place the ingredients in the crock pot in the order listed above (Peanuts, German Chocolate, Chocolate Chips, almond bark).
- Cover with a paper towel to prevent the chocolate from lumping together and put the lid on top.
- Cook on low for one hour.
- Cover with the paper towel again and place the lid on top.
- Cook on low for another 15 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and drop spoonfuls of the clusters on the parchment paper.
- Let cool for 2-3 hours
This is such an easy holiday recipe to take to a party, to use as a hostess gift or to make your own holiday basket! Recipe makes approximately 4 dozen – depending how big the clusters.