BUSY WEEK, this may be bit long-winded, sorry!
1. I had dinner/drinks/gift exchange with some of my best friends on Wednesday night and it is always a night of fun and laughter. We all have so much to say that throughout the week there’s numerous texts going back and forth for “Topics of Discussion” and you can always tell when someone has something to say b/c they are crossing their fingers in hopes they won’t forget!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE all my gifts, they know me so well – I got a candle that smelled amazing, books on blogging and questions, an ornament for Olivia, a corkcicle stemless wine glass and a 3-in-1 insulated can cooler, We didn’t take any pictures and it was probably a blessing in disguise because we slummed in out in our PJs, but here’s one from a year ago!
2. I attended my friend Ty’s company’s Christmas Party with him last year and was requested to come back this year – not sure what I did, but I’m glad I did it! Ty literally booked me back in March and I’m glad he did. Once again, the party did not disappoint and by the end of the night I was on the dance floor and even made a special appearance at Mango’s (only Jacksonville Beaches classiest bar)!
I didn’t take any pictures at the party (apparently that’s a trend I was keeping this week) but did have the clever one below of me and Ty at Mango’s – which pretty much sums up our friendship and how I was feeling after a night of drinking! (I uber’d there and back, so I didn’t have to worry about a thing!)
3. Obviously I had a few too many cocktails at the Christmas Party and I’m not going to lie, it was a bit difficult to get my feet on the ground at 7:00am, but thankfully after a quick shower, I was feeling fine and ready to tackle the tailgate!
If you’re on any of my social media sites, you know that I have been working hard to host a tailgate with my company to benefit two amazing organizations Dreams Come True and The Harvey Bernhardt Foundation. The tailgate was before the last regular season Jaguars home game and it was a HUGE success. Official numbers are not in, but I was in charge of tickets and if my numbers are right, we will be donating approximately $2,800 toward EACH charity! We had 244 people attending – and only estimated for 200. FORTUNATELY we did not run out of food/drinks which I was obviously not too concerned about since I was still drinking!!
and the best part is
WE WON – JACKSONVILLE IS HEADING TO THE PLAYOFFS!
Special thanks to my friend Matt for waking up early to drop me off downtown, only to turn around and go back to our tailgate!
4. My Pure Barre studio started a challenge this month to complete 20 classes in 31 days – jokes on them, I completed 20 in 21!!! I typically average about 23 classes a month, so I knew I wouldn’t have a hard time getting there, but I know the next week and a half is going to be extremely busy, so I wanted to get in as many classes as possible. (Even though I have full intention of going during the holiday’s. . .but we’ll see how well that plays out!)
5. One of my best friends hosted an Ugly Sweater Party and of course she had to do a Pippin Food Trial. These were posts that we were doing about six years ago to get me to try fruits and vegetables. The faces I make are absolutely ridiculous and I should be embarrassed by them, but her commentary makes it so worth it. Plus – that’s how I realized I’ll drink my veggies, so something good came out of it, RIGHT?!?!
Believe it or not, I actually had people asking me about the Food Trials and if we were going to bring them back, so we got a lot of positive response when the post came up on everyone’s newsfeed! As embarrassing as it is, the food that I tried for the comeback was a cranberry soaked in wine – I figured it couldn’t be that bad, but ended up spitting it out! FAIL!
I’m really excited about my upcoming posts – make sure to register your email so you don’t miss them!
- 2017 Year-In-Review
- Holiday Recap
- Goals for 2018
- Monthly Resolutions (which I’m really excited to work on the details and implement)