Let’s be honest, I am already ending 2017 in a manner that I would’ve never expected. . . I am sitting in a Starbucks by myself drinking coffee and blogging. . .I am new to this whole coffee scene and actually enjoying it; the music is nice, the people are friendly and I don’t have a dog begging to sit on my lap or a cat about to throw up on my couch – yep that happened last night.
2017 was a great year and I am not complaining, but I am really looking forward to starting a new year with new goals and expectations. Some highlights of the year include:
- Visited seven states
- Started Pure Barre journey
- Joined (and helped implement) a new team at work
- “Survived” a hurricane
- Drove a NASCAR
- Ended a relationship (not going to lie – this one was tough to go through)
- Started “A Lil Bit of Pip” blog!
Anyway, back to the “Monthly Resolutions”. I am SUPER excited about these, obviously there’s the typical “Lose Weight” “Be a Better Person” “Exercise” BLAH BLAH BLAH New Years Resolutions, but instead this year, I’m going to try something different to motivate me in a different way EACH MONTH!
January – Dry January
- No alcohol the entire month of January! I can do this and after a full month of Christmas festivities my liver will be extremely thankful!
February – Home Improvement Project
- I have an on-going “Daddy-do” list, I am not handy AT ALL, so I am vowing to do a Home Improvement Project BY MYSELF without my dads help (but may need to borrow some of his tools)
March – Take a Random Road Trip
- Doesn’t matter where or who with, but the weather in March is usually the nicest and I LOVE to put my sunglasses on and just drive – who knows where the road may take me!
April – Host a Party
- And by “Host a Party” I mean “Host-a-Party” to the fullest extent, printed invitations, place cards
May – No Eating Out
- I can “Go Out” but I can’t EAT out
June – Pay it Forward
- This speaks for itself.
July – Plan a Themed GNO
- I’ve had plenty of girls night out ideas and I have never implemented them – this is my chance!
August – Take a day off from work and do something for ME!
- Spa day, cleaning/organizing, whatever would make me happy for a day!
September – No Social Media
- Cannot get on Instagram or Facebook the entire month of September
October – Take a vacation
- The leaves are changing and the weather is perfect this time of year for a vacation – whether it’s close or far away, go somewhere! (Fingers crossed I can plan and make a trip overseas for this one)
November – NO Spend November
- Cannot spend money on myself – this will be tough with Black Friday sales (especially if I have the same mindset I did as this Black Friday, but it’ll be good!)
December – Do Something Selfless
- I am so incredibly fortunate and this is the month for giving, so I want to give my time and/or money and do something for others!
Some other additional things I want to accomplish include:
- Trying a new recipe a few times each month
- Get better about saying my prayers before I eat and bedtime – I am ashamed to say that I’ve let this go.
- Strike up a conversation with a random stranger.
A PRINTABLE VERSION: