Well day four and I have not had a drink, sadly, I’m not going to say it’s been easy – especially with Taco Tuesday and the nice/ frozen margaritas my friends were enjoying and rubbing in my face. . .but I’m staying strong and already regretting making this promise especially since I am going to Jags playoff game on Sunday now! But I WILL do it, plus I actually enjoy testing my willpower!
Anyway, I vowed to make new recipes this year and with unbearably cold temperatures in Florida (it was 32 degrees today) I decided to go with a nice/comfort meal of Chicken and Dumplings.
I Googled whether it was Chicken AND Dumplings or just Chicken Dumplings. I guess in reality it doesn’t matter, but don’t want to look like a fool 🤣
I combined a bunch of recipes with whatever was in my pantry and came up with my own yummy version! You can say I cheated, but the “cheat” came out pretty tasty if you ask me! I kept it extremely simple with two tricks:
- Crock Pot
- Canned biscuits
- 2 Pounds of Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cans of cream of chicken broth (32 ounces)
- Chicken Broth
- Can of biscuits
- Dried parsley flakes
- Poultry seasoning
In case you forgot, I don’t eat vegetables, so I didn’t include any celery, carrots or onions like I saw in a lot of recipes.
- Place chicken breasts at the bottom of crock pot and cover with poultry seasoning.
- Add in cans of cream of chicken and 32 oz of chicken broth
- Sprinkle parsley flakes over top with a dash of salt and pepper
- Cook on low for eight hours
- After eight hours shred the chicken
- Cut biscuits in quarters and drop in crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for one hour
Side note: I love the crock pot that I was using – it is actually my grandmothers and probably circa 1970, but after dropping in the dumplings, I realized it was likely going to overflow, so I had to pull out my larger crock pot! 🤣
My friends who came over, both went back for seconds and each one said that it was
I didn’t get a final picture and actually dirtied up a plate to to take one of the little bit of leftovers I had available.