Seriously, how did I have nothing to do tonight, but it’s 9:22pm and I’m just sitting down on the couch to write this post (now that I think about it, I’m seeing a trend). But maybe it had to do with the dinner I chose to make, the laundry I decided to do, the thank you cards I wrote and the documentary I watched about how the city of Jacksonville got the Jacksonville Jaguars (which was actually very interesting)! But whatever, I’m going in to the weekend ready to play, not work!!!
Topics for “Over Cocktails” this weekend include:
Although, it should be re-labeled “Over Shirley Temple’s” for the next month. I don’t drink Shirley Temple’s, don’t even know what’s in them, but it sounds better than “Over Water”
1. Apple Watch – I never knew how much I NEEDED one until I had one. I bought mine after my sister and mom got one for Christmas and I couldn’t let them have all the fun without me! I also didn’t know I had a bit of a competitive side until Pure Barre was cancelled Wednesday morning because of potential ice on the roads, so I left work early to go to the afternoon class! Gotta get all my “activity rings”!
2. Chicken and Dumplings – I made chicken and dumplings on Wednesday and they were Y-U-M-M-Y – https://alilbitofpip.com/category/crock-pot/ – I had a small amount leftover after sharing with my friends (who went back for seconds #humblebrag) for an appetizer before dinner was ready and it was just as good reheated!
3. Ski Clothes – I have been going “skiing” (I use that term very loosely because IF I do, I go down once and I’m good) every year for the last five years and have been borrowing my friends ski clothes since. Finally, I decided to buy myself some with the after Christmas sales – got the entire outfit (jacket, ski pants and gloves) for $330 from REI – CAN’T BEAT THAT!!
I’m obsessed with the jacket and even tried to find a way to wear it this week (temps have been FREEZING from the storm that was actually named the ‘bomb cyclone’ – who knew?!?!) BUT the pants are too long, so I’ve gotta figure out how I want to handle that this weekend. 😒 #shortpeopleproblems
YUP, that’s me, in my work clothes trying on my new ski jacket and gloves. Pay no attention to the un-made bed – I’m usually much better than that, BUT the cold temperatures make it EXTREMELY difficult to get out of bed on time!
4. Fun at work – I had a few minutes to spare Thursday afternoon at work, so I put together everyone’s stats from our NASCAR Racing Experience (read about it here)
I’m pretty impressed with how it turned out, plus I actually enjoyed doing it!
5. Thank you cards – Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I think thank you cards are so important and I’m ashamed to say I didn’t do any for my birthday, but I did them for Christmas. It’s always fun to get something other than bills and flyers in the mail!