My goodness, how is it already FRIDAY!!! This week seemed to FLY by and I was a homebody all week. Does that mean I’m actually growing up and becoming an adult? Highly doubtful, let’s face it, it’s likely because I am in mourning with one more full week of Dry January and it’s starting to take a toll on me, especially after a mentally exhausting/challenging week!
On that note, let’s get to the first “Over Cocktails” point I would like to make.
- Here I am 26 days into Dry January (minus two, but whatever that’s irrelevant) and I haven’t lost one pound….NADA, ZERO, ZILCH, NOTHING!!! Do you know how frustrating this is?!?! I have gone to Pure Barre every day, minus the days I was sick, but let’s face it, I wasn’t eating then anyway! I swear I believe my body is meant to have a drink or two…the morning after the Jags games where I fell off the wagon, I woke up and my clothes fit looser and scale was lighter. Yeah, yeah, I know – dehydration, but whatever – I like the first theory – my body is meant to have a glass or two a night!
- JAKE OWEN CONCERT was Friday night! I went with one of my best friends, Nikki, and we had SUCH A BLAST. Neither of us were drinking and it was probably the first concert for both of us without a beer in hand, but we had so much fun! Jake Owen did an AH-MAH-ZING job engaging the audience and he seems so incredibly down-to-earth! He got his career in country music after a wakeboarding accident in college took him off the golf course and on to teaching himself to play the guitar. Apparently I’ve been living under a rock when it was news to me that he was my age, from Florida and went to Florida State!
- My heart was broken after our Jags loss – it was SUCH a great game though. After a
fewactually A LOT of bad calls, It was a tough loss, but it is what it is and we will come back stronger next year! I had a great time watching the game at one of my favorite breweries. They had a watch party and the atmosphere was so much fun!!! We sat in the brewery area and got there three hours early to claim our spot – AND WE WERE ALMOST TOO LATE! 😱 It was P-A-C-K-E-D!!!
- I got my first “Big Fat Check” from Ebates and it was the easiest $7.16 I ever made. I checked my balance for next pay period and I’m already up to $37.76. Granted about $30 of that is from people who signed up after I referred them, but STILL – SO EASY!!! You can read my post about ebates here. If you’d like to sign up with my referral code, use: https://www.ebates.com/r/EPIPPI4?eeid=28187 (you’ll get $10 for signing up with this code after spending $25) TRUST ME ON THIS ONE, I don’t promote unless I truly love/believe in it!
- I watch one tv show regularly and that is “This Is Us” and if you haven’t seen the last episode, you may want to stop reading here. But I was so incredibly nervous after the first 30 minutes knowing that a lot was going to be explained in this episode and it did not disappoint.
— SPOILER ALERT —
That crock pot is the EXACT SAME ONE I HAVE and wrote about here. I got it when my grandmother passed away and love the size of it, but I will be thinking twice, (probably three/four times), about using it again – ESPECIALLY when I am not home!
Well, I had a few other things that I wanted to write about, but tonight is not the night! Tired and too many other things on my mind.