Well I’ve officially put the blog on the back burner. I realized it was taking more effort than it was worth and I was constantly struggling with things to post. I will try to check in once a week, even if don’t have anything to write, but NO PROMISES! Let’s face it, there’s been plenty of times I’ve said I didn’t have anything to write and somehow I can ramble on and on! After all, this is supposed to be mindless entertainment and a quick read.
(DISCLAIMER: Can’t promise tonight’s will be a quick read considering it’s been about four months since my last check-in)
Things have been absolutely crazy and I struggled with how much has changed since my last post. To start: I MOVED – not to Richmond, which I am still incredibly sad about, but it’s funny how God has other plans. I am staying here in Jacksonville and living out at the beach. I have been a permanent Jacksonville Beach resident for about two months now and I TRULY love it!!! I think it’s the change that I needed and I couldn’t be happier with where I am right now. This could be part of the reason I’ve gone MIA from this blog.
To be completely honest, I wrote a post on March 27th, but I had about 400 photos to go through and couldn’t even fathom with where to begin.
So…..some main highlights over the last couple months:
- THE MOVE: I had ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC buyers who threatened not to close the night before closing. I was completely O-V-E-R it, and them; and didn’t even care if the papers got signed. I would’ve gladly kept their deposit and either rented the place or sold as-is. I was willing to call their bluff, but my dad and realtor (aka sister-in-law) were amazing and jumped in to get the deal sealed.
- LIVING: Time was running out for me to find a place to live and I went under contract on a place in an area that I didn’t want to live and a house bigger than I wanted. The house was super cute and I couldn’t resist, because it was the only house that I looked at that I felt wasn’t at the top of it’s value and would appreciate when it was time for me to sell. Unfortunately (although probably fortunately now) the inspector found structural damage to the home. I was closing on my place in a few weeks and didn’t know where I was going to go. Another long story short, I am now living at a friends furnished condo (she lives with her husband) and all of my furniture is in storage. It actually worked out great for the both of us!
- BEACH LIVING: Loving riding my bike around, being so close to all my friends, waking up and watching the sunrise and walking to breweries. The only thing I need to get better about is not making a plan for every spare minute I have. I can’t tell you how many times my beach friends want to hang out and I can only do something for a quick second because I made other plans.
- DATING: Well….NOTHING to report there. I’m sure this comes as a shock to no one. I think the last time I checked in there was a guy I had been seeing, but that one is done. The long story short of it, he was more of an introvert and I am more of an extrovert. Opposites did not attract in this situation. I am semi-back online – not sure if it’s for the humor or entertainment, but there’s nothing to report on the dating front!
- ANTIGUA: I went on a week long vacation to the beautiful island of Antigua. This is a post in itself and I will add more, but basically I was fortunate enough to go with a friend who used to live there. I got to meet all her amazing friends who were so welcoming and unbelievably nice!!! In addition, I got to see some beautiful sights and places only the “locals” know about! I had an absolute blast and so thankful for the wonderful trip!
- UPCOMING GETAWAYS: I am in the process of planning some trips. Thinking Austin for Labor Day, Cape Cod in the Fall and a big trip to Arizona next spring. Also, have a bachelorette party in Nashville for one of my best friends, Kari – it’ll be a blast. Not to mention: the wedding (or “party” as she calls it) is definitely going to be a memorable one!!!
- MOTIVATION: My girlfriend came to visit me and we are motivating each other to get in shape before the Arizona spring trip. We are even using a little incentive – have to pay the flight (or a portion of the flight depending on the cost) to the winner! I will admit, since I’ve moved out to the beach I have not worked out at all (unless you call a bike ride to the bar a workout?) I have also kind of stopped caring about what I’ve been eating/drinking. This is all going to change after Memorial Day, but until then I am living it up! 😉 I loved Pure Barre, but the classes are always wait-listed at the location closest to my new home. So I am exploring new options and recipes to get me on track.
- MISC: Some other exciting (or not-so-exciting) things over the last few months: a trip to Universal; the wedding of two very close friends; a new baby brought in to the framily; mom had knee surgery and I played “nurse”; Kari got engaged and asked me to be Maid of Honor
That should cover most of everything! And here are some photos of the last few months 🙂